Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by George Baxter <gb...@shutterfly.com> on 2010/02/11 22:59:49 UTC

Tomcat 6 on solaris losing cookies

Hello,

We're running into an issue with tomcat 6.0.18 running on solaris.
Occasionally a request will come through that has cookies in the header, but
the request.getCookies() returns no cookies.  This causes the user to lose
session and other bad bad things.  It seems to happen randomly, across our
web site, and varies in frequency from every 5-10 requests to over 200
requests before it happens again.

Any ideas what might be happening?

Thanks.

Re: Tomcat 6 on solaris losing cookies

Posted by George Baxter <gb...@shutterfly.com>.
Well.. the JSESSIONID is one of the cookies we're losing... that's certainly
a legal value.

We're quoting all our cookies that have illegal values.

The point is, there are NO cookies.. not any of ours or even the JSESSIONID
cookie.. zip, zero, none. It's like tomcat just decided or failed to be able
to parse the cookie header value.

-g.

Posted by Pid <pi...@pidster.com>.

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
On 11/02/2010 22:03, George Baxter wrote:

> By the way, we don't have this problem under Linux or MacOSx

This is a question for the users list, not the dev list.

Mark

Re: Tomcat 6 on solaris losing cookies

Posted by George Baxter <gb...@shutterfly.com>.
By the way, we don't have this problem under Linux or MacOSx