Posted to users@maven.apache.org by jallen <jo...@hotmail.com> on 2007/07/29 22:00:27 UTC

Hibernate and 2.0.7

Has anyone else experienced issues with 2.0.7 and hibernate 3.2.4.ga? It's
not my project code but I've upgraded the common build system and some unit
tests for a hibernate project now fail? Searched the web and not come up
with a lot.

Re: Deployment of runtime configurations? / Deployment of assemblies?

Posted by Stephen Coy <st...@resolvesw.com>.
I think that what you need is profiles + classifiers.

I've done it this way in the past.

My preferred option is to push as much deployment target specific
configuration (such as datasources, mail sessions, etc) in to the
application server configuration, but this is not always possible,
often for simple historical reasons.

Therefore, what you can do is define a separate build profile for
each target, and differentiate them by specifying a classifier for
the built artifacts.

You can find more information on this at <http://www.sonatype.com/
book/profiles.html#tips_and_tricks>.

Cheers,

Steve Coy

Posted by Greg Davidson <gu...@gmail.com>.
I don't believe you should put environment specific, such as TEST-db
connection params vs PROD-db connection params in the binary.  Put that
information in a file which can be edited outside your artifact (jar, war,
ear).  As long as this config file is in your classpath, then you can access
it from your java application.

You want to be able to TEST a binary and move that exact binary to
production without ANY modification.

Re: Hibernate and 2.0.7

Posted by Martin Gilday <ma...@imap.cc>.
Using those versions together with no problems.

RE: Hibernate and 2.0.7

Posted by "Annies, Sebastian" <se...@coremedia.com>.
Some more information about what happens would be helpful.