Posted to dev@jena.apache.org by Paolo Castagna <ca...@googlemail.com> on 2011/11/01 08:51:04 UTC

Re: Importing Maven Projects into Eclipse

Hi Andy

Andy Seaborne wrote:
> It's a temporary necessity while we get the POM structure for the first
> releases (minimal change to system structure) working, i.e. JenaTop is
> changing to get a system working.  It'll go away sometime, maybe soon.

Having a common parent pom for the all the Jena modules is not a bad idea.

The problems related to JenaTop are mainly caused by the fact that it has
not been released yet and therefore it is not present in Maven central.

When that happens, there should be no problems like the ones Rob is
experiencing and we have a place where we can put common stuff without
repeating it over and over across the different modules.

What are the advantages in removing JenaTop?

Paolo

Posted by Paolo Castagna <ca...@googlemail.com>.
Andy Seaborne wrote:
> On 01/11/11 07:51, Paolo Castagna wrote:
>> Hi Andy
>>
>> Andy Seaborne wrote:
>>> It's a temporary necessity while we get the POM structure for the
>>> first releases (minimal change to system structure) working, i.e.
>>> JenaTop is changing to get a system working. It'll go away sometime,
>>> maybe soon.
>>
>> Having a common parent pom for the all the Jena modules is not a bad
>> idea.
>>
>> The problems related to JenaTop are mainly caused by the fact that it has
>> not been released yet and therefore it is not present in Maven central.
>>
>> When that happens, there should be no problems like the ones Rob is
>> experiencing and we have a place where we can put common stuff without
>> repeating it over and over across the different modules.
>>
>> What are the advantages in removing JenaTop?
>
> "it" is the <relativePath> in JenaTop.

Great.

> When we have the new build system, JenaTop or something like it, will
> module coordination.
>
> I'm aiming to get any sort of release done and redesigning the build
> structure isn't necessary for that.

Ack

Paolo

Posted by Andy Seaborne <an...@apache.org>.