Posted to server-dev@james.apache.org by radjesh <ra...@yahoo.com> on 2005/03/30 18:53:19 UTC

Is deployment of WAR file possible in Apache James ?

Hi,
     I built my application as a JAR file and placed it in James. When i start James server it is running fine, when i build my application as a WAR file and run James Server, it says it cannot load the mailets as it cannot identify the mailets location although i have specified it correctly in config.xml. Can WAR file be deployed in James. Can somebody please help?
Thanks in advance
Rajesh

...life is what we make it, always has been, always will be.
   Good Day

Re: Is deployment of WAR file possible in Apache James ?

Posted by Stefano Bagnara <io...@bago.org>.
> Can WAR file be deployed in James. Can somebody
> please help?

You should use the "users" list for this question.

James cannot deploy WAR files.
You can probably configure Phoenix to contain jetty modules and deploy WAR
inside Jetty via "Jetty-Phoenix" but I don't think this is what you're
looking for.

If you simply need to package your files then create the whole "james.sar"
package (similar to a war and containing both yours and james stuff).

Stefano