Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Jean-Baptiste Quenot <jb...@anyware-tech.com> on 2005/09/19 12:36:28 UTC

Re: [portal] Disable action counter by default

An update on this annoying problem:

Before updating I had URLs like:

/portal/portal?cocoon-portal-action=7&cocoon-portal-event=0&cocoon-portal-event=1

With a fresh Cocoon 2.1 I have:

/portal/portal?cocoon-portal-event=0&cocoon-portal-event=1

Request parameter « cocoon-portal-action »  has disappeared, which
causes URLs to be identical at every request, whereas we based our
application on the very fact that the URL was always different.

After digging into the bowels of  the beast, we found out that the
« action  counter aspect »  has been  removed from  default portal
configuration without notice by revision 232222.

Oooch!  It hurts!  Seriously, can we imagine to be informed of
such critical changes?  Or am I missing something?

Thanks in advance,
--
Jean-Baptiste Quenot
Systèmes d'Information

Re: [portal] Disable action counter by default

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org>.
Jean-Baptiste Quenot wrote:
> An update on this annoying problem:
>
> Before updating I had URLs like:
>
> /portal/portal?cocoon-portal-action=7&cocoon-portal-event=0&cocoon-portal-event=1
>
> With a fresh Cocoon 2.1 I have:
>
> /portal/portal?cocoon-portal-event=0&cocoon-portal-event=1
>
> Request parameter « cocoon-portal-action »  has disappeared, which
> causes URLs to be identical at every request, whereas we based our
> application on the very fact that the URL was always different.
>
> After digging into the bowels of  the beast, we found out that the
> « action  counter aspect »  has been  removed from  default portal
> configuration without notice by revision 232222.
>
> Oooch!  It hurts!  Seriously, can we imagine to be informed of
> such critical changes?  Or am I missing something?

Yes, you're missing the fact, that this is just a portal sample! You're
own application should not rely on the configuration of a sample. Use
the block for your own development as if there is no sample at all.
There are so many different things turned on in the sample which you
rarely need all in your own application, so it's absolutely recommended
to have an own configuration.

Carsten
http://www.s-und-n.de
http://www.osoco.org/weblogs/rael/