Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Jeremy Hansen <je...@skidrow.la> on 2021/06/11 09:03:03 UTC

HA State: Ineligible

I’m trying to play with HA.  I’ve enabled it via the interface but the HA state is labeled as Ineligible.

I’m specifically interested in this:

HA for Hosts

The user can specify a virtual machine as HA-enabled. By default, all virtual router VMs and Elastic Load Balancing VMs are automatically configured as HA-enabled. When an HA-enabled VM crashes, CloudStack detects the crash and restarts the VM automatically within the same Availability Zone. HA is never performed across different Availability Zones. CloudStack has a conservative policy towards restarting VMs and ensures that there will never be two instances of the same VM running at the same time. The Management Server attempts to start the VM on another Host in the same cluster.

My assumption is if a VM Host dies, whatever guests that were running on that host would automatically move to an available VM host.  Maybe I’m misinterpreting.

Thanks
-jeremy

Re: HA State: Ineligible

Posted by Daan Hoogland <da...@gmail.com>.
because it might still run or be restarted on the unreachable host.

--
Daan

Re: HA State: Ineligible

Posted by Jeremy Hansen <je...@skidrow.la>.