Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by Navneet Kumar <na...@gmail.com> on 2017/01/04 08:31:57 UTC

NearCache can be used through ODBC interface

Hi Val,
LocalCache works well with ODBC interface. But Is there any issue using the
NearCache through ODBC interface? Please give me descriptive idea about how
to use it via ODBC interface.

Re: NearCache can be used through ODBC interface

Posted by Nikolai Tikhonov <nt...@apache.org>.
SQL query distributed on whole cluster, near cache not needed for it.
Records will be read on data node (usually cache, not near) in any case for
queries and usage data from near cache will not provide performance benefit.

Posted by Navneet Kumar <na...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Nikolai Tikhonov <nt...@apache.org>.
Hi Kumar!

You can use ODBC interface for querying to any cache. But keep in your mind
that Ignite SQL engine sends request on all nodes and data will be got from
usual cache (not near).

Thanks,
Nikolay.

On Wed, Jan 4, 2017 at 11:31 AM, Navneet Kumar <navneetkumar.india@gmail.com