Posted to user@phoenix.apache.org by Steve Terrell <st...@oculus360.us> on 2016/02/23 21:52:37 UTC

Looks Like a SELECT Bug, But LIMIT Makes It Work

I came across a 4.6.0 query that I could not make work unless I add a
"limit" to the end, where it should be totally unnecessary.

select * from BUGGY where F1=1 and F3 is null
results in no records found

select * from BUGGY where F1=1 and F3 is null limit 999
results (correctly) in one record found

I think it's a bug where Phoenix gets confused about my HBase columns and
views.  Here's how to set up the table to duplicate my problem:

CREATE TABLE BUGGY (
  F1 INTEGER NOT NULL,
  A.F2 INTEGER,
  B.F3 INTEGER,
  CONSTRAINT my_pk PRIMARY KEY (F1));
create view if not exists BUGGY_A as select * from BUGGY;
alter view BUGGY_A drop column if exists F3;
create view if not exists BUGGY_B as select * from BUGGY;
alter view BUGGY_B drop column if exists F2;
upsert into BUGGY(F1) values (1)

Do you think I should file a JIRA for this?  Or is it a misunderstanding on
my part?

Thank you,
    Steve

Re: Looks Like a SELECT Bug, But LIMIT Makes It Work

Posted by Steve Terrell <st...@oculus360.us>.
Done!  https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PHOENIX-2709 .

Posted by Sergey Soldatov <se...@gmail.com>.
Hi Steve,