Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Joseph Walton <jw...@atlassian.com> on 2019/05/14 04:20:56 UTC

Open pull requests

As an interested contributor, I've opened a couple of pull requests, and
it's not always clear what the next step is for a non-project-member to get
things merged.

To see how other PRs (https://github.com/apache/maven/pulls -- currently,
'32 open') are being handled, I thought it might make sense to chart them;
chart attached.

Notable:
* a significant number were opened more than a year ago (as far back as
2014), haven't been merged and now have conflicts. Could they be closed?
* some more recent ones are mergeable, and approved. Can these be merged?
* for the other PRs in between -- do they need work, or would closing them
send a clearer message?

Thanks.

Re: Open pull requests

Posted by Karl Heinz Marbaise <kh...@gmx.de>.
Hi,

yes please don't stop to help...as Robert and Enrico already mentioned
every eye help..

Kind regards
Karl Heinz Marbaise

Re: Open pull requests

Posted by Enrico Olivelli <eo...@gmail.com>.
Thank you Joseph,
If you have time you can help us review the pending pulls and see if they
are still useful and/or suggest changes before merge.
Every eye on patches is very valuable and it helps commiters of the project
in their work.

Enrico

Re: Open pull requests