Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Sam Carleton <ca...@one.net> on 2000/04/12 05:45:49 UTC

Error compiling mod_perl

This is the error message I got when I compiled mod_perl:

Perl lib version (5.00503) doesn't match executable version (5.006) at
/usr/lib/perl5/5.00503/i586-linux/Config.pm line 7.
Compilation failed in require at
/usr/lib/perl5/5.00503/ExtUtils/MakeMaker.pm line 13.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at
/usr/lib/perl5/5.00503/ExtUtils/MakeMaker.pm line 13.
Compilation failed in require.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted.
make: *** [Version_check] Error 255

How do I fix this?

Sam

Re: Error compiling mod_perl

Posted by Sam Carleton <sc...@miltonstreet.com>.
Doug MacEachern wrote:

> On Tue, 11 Apr 2000, Sam Carleton wrote:
>
> > This is the error message I got when I compiled mod_perl:
> >
> > Perl lib version (5.00503) doesn't match executable version (5.006) at
> > /usr/lib/perl5/5.00503/i586-linux/Config.pm line 7.
>
> you either installed a new Perl after running mod_perl's Makefile.PL or
> have a broken Perl installation.  try building mod_perl from a fresh
> source tree.

OK, I messed things up with CPAN, I believe that it installed 5.006 where my
distribution came with 5.003.  I decided to resolve the issue by installing
5.6.  I am able to run perl Makefile.PL without error and compile without
errors.  When I run make test, I get this error:

-----------------------make test error-----------------------
Syntax error on line 30 of /usr/src/mod_perl-1.21_03/t/conf/httpd.conf:
Invalid command '=pod', perhaps mis-spelled or defined by a module not
included in the server configuration
done
/usr/local/bin/perl t/TEST 0
still waiting for server to warm up...............not ok
server failed to start! (please examine t/logs/error_log) at t/TEST line 95.

make: *** [run_tests] Error 111
-----------------------make test error-----------------------

I looked in t/logs for a error_log, but t/logs is empty.  I think I might
have issue with the way I am configuring apache and mod_perl.  This is my
.makepl_args.mod_perl:

-----------------------.makepl_args.mod_perl-----------------------
# File: .makepl_args.mod_erl
# enable all phase callbacks, API modules and misc features
EVERYTHING=1

# tell runtime diagnostics to active if MOD_PERL_TRACE environment
# variable is set at runtime
PERL_TRACE=1

# tell Makefile.pl where the Apache source tree is
APACHE_SRC=/usr/src/apache/src

# tell Makefile.PL where the Apache is to be isntalled
APACHE_PREFIX=/data01/apache

# disable Makefile.pl from compiling Apache
#PREP_APACHED=1

# tell Makefile.PL to use the first source found, which will be the
# path specified above by APACHE_SRC
DO_HTTPD=1

# tell Makefile.PL to configure Apache using the apaci interface
USE_APACI=1

# tell makefile.PL to configure ssl support, too
# SSL_BASE=/usr/local/ssl

# add mod_info, mod_status, mod_usertrack, and mod_unique_id
ADD_MODULE=info,status,usertrack,unique_id

# additional arguments to give Apache's configure script
# aruments can be delimited by comma and/or specified with multipal
# APACI_ARGS lines
#APACI_ARGS=--includedir=/usr/src/php
#APACI_ARGS=--activate-module=src/modules/php3/libphp3.a
APACI_ARGS=--with-layout=apache.config.layout:Sam-Layout
APACI_ARGS=--server-uid=wwwrun
APACI_ARGS=--server-gid=dosemu
APACI_ARGS=--enable-module=most
APACI_ARGS=--enable-shared=max
-----------------------.makepl_args.mod_perl-----------------------

And the options I am using to make apache:

-----------------------apache options-----------------------
configure \
        --with-layout=/root/apache.config.layout:Sam-Layout \
        --with-perl=src/modules/perl \
        --enable-module=most \
        --server-uid=wwwrun \
        --server-gid==dosemu \
        --enable-shared=max

Any thoughts on what I have wrong?

Sam

P.S.  Thanks a millon for having the .makepl_args.mod_perl idea!!!  It is an
outstanding one!

Re: Error compiling mod_perl

Posted by Doug MacEachern <do...@covalent.net>.