Posted to c-dev@xerces.apache.org by Achim Debock <ac...@gmx.de> on 2000/07/07 11:40:59 UTC

proxy support for xerces 1.2a with socket option

hi,
hope some could help me.
I'm trying to access websites with xerxes-c 1.2a from solaris 8, i used
gcc 2.95.2 to compile the source for solaris with the socket option (-n
socket).

The DOMPrint sample always causes the error:
"An exception occured! Type:NetAccessorException, Message:The host/address
'(0}' could not be resolved"

I access the internet via proxy, but does not know if the xerces socket,
support a proxy or how to enable proxy support.

achim

Re: proxy support for xerces 1.2a with socket option

Posted by Dean Roddey <dr...@charmedquark.com>.
No, it does not. You either have to use SocksCap or something similar, or
provide a different netaccessor implementation for the parser to use. The
one that comes with it is a simple one.

Dean Roddey
The CIDLib C++ Frameworks
Charmed Quark Software
droddey@charmedquark.com
http://www.charmedquark.com

"You young, and you gotcha health. Whatchoo wanna job fer?"