Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Alramzana Nujum Navaz <ra...@uaeu.ac.ae> on 2013/07/11 12:27:57 UTC

Unable to add instance

Hi,

 I am a new user/ installer of cloudstack 4.1. I am not able to create any instance, i mean there are no templates shown although in templates I have  System VM template but the details doesn't show size although it says downloaded and ready.

Also I was able to add the host (KVM) but the the agent.log keeps giving the message

 2013-07-11 14:25:29,222 WARN  [kvm.resource.KVMHAMonitor] (Thread-121:null) write heartbeat failed: Failed to remount localcloud.server:/mnt/primary under /mnt/ef5dd53a-1141-332f-abad-a739a95709b2, retry: 4

Am not sure if these are related issues. Please guide me.

Thanks & regards,
Ramzana

Re: Unable to add instance

Posted by Nils Vogels <ba...@gmail.com>.
Hi Ramzana,

It would seem that templates cannot be deployed because your primary
storage is unreachable, and thus there is no place to store the new
instances.

For some reason your KVM host cannot mount localcloud.server:/mnt/primary
... check for NFS export settings, logfiles in localcloud.server for hints
on possible permissions issues, etc.

HTH & HAND!

Nils

--