Posted to test-dev@httpd.apache.org by Stas Bekman <st...@stason.org> on 2003/10/02 01:26:00 UTC

Re: [cpan #3860] make test is unable to locate httpd in PATH

> This message about Apache-Test was sent to you by guest <> via rt.cpan.org
>
> Full context and any attached attachments can be found at:
>
> While trying to install Apache::Test on a Perl 5.6.1 Linux system, I am
> getting the following error:
>
> !!! no test server configured, please specify an httpd or an apxs other
> than /usr/bin/apxs or put either in your PATH. For example:
> t/TEST -httpd /path/to/bin/httpd
>
> I placed the path to the httpd daemon in my PATH environment as
> recommended, but I continue to receive the above error. I tracked this
> error message back to Apache::TestRun which checks the value of httpd
> from the configuration. This gets set in
> Apache::TestConfig::configure_httpd.
>
> My debugging showed that this subroutine is only checking the /usr/sbin
> directory for the httpd file. Either I have something wrong with my
> setup or the configure_httpd subroutine is broken. BTW, I am using Bash
> as my shell.
>
> I was able to get past this hurdle by running the test suite using
> t/TEST -httpd /usr/local/apache/bin/httpd

Yup, it's still in flux and the error message should be improved. Glad to see
that you've figure how to do it. We are working on improving things on that
front and will provide an interactive question/answer setup in the future
releases of Apache-Test. Thanks for bearing with us.