Posted to users@jackrabbit.apache.org by Nebojsa Ristin <ne...@hotmail.com> on 2009/09/29 14:09:51 UTC

Re: Binvalues stroed in the database even though i have configured a Datastore.

Kurz Wolfgang wrote:

> Even though I am using a datastore jackrabbit put lots of big blobs into
> the database which I think it shouldn't have done.

Were you able to resolve this?

I have the same problem, all the data is being stored both on the file
system (in the datastore) and in the DB. When I set externalBLOBs param to
true, data is still duplicated, now both in the datastore and in the blobs
folder Oracle creates.

The persistence manager in my repository.xml and workspace.xml is specified
like this:

PersistenceManager
class="org.apache.jackrabbit.core.persistence.db.OraclePersistenceManager"
param name="driver" value="oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver"
param name="url" value="jdbc:oracle:thin:@myserver:1521:xe"
param name="schema" value="oracle"
param name="user" value="JACKRABBIT"
param name="password" value="JACKRABBIT"
param name="schemaObjectPrefix" value="${wsp.name}_"
param name="externalBLOBs" value="true" //or ="false"

While the datastore declaration in repository.xml is:

DataStore class="org.apache.jackrabbit.core.data.FileDataStore"
param name="path" value="${rep.home}/repository/datastore"
param name="minRecordLength" value="100"

Anyone has an idea why this is happening? Is there anything else to specify
to make Jackrabbit store binary data in the datastore only?

Re: Binvalues stroed in the database even though i have configured a Datastore.

Posted by Nebojsa Ristin <ne...@hotmail.com>.

Thomas Müller-2 wrote:

> You need to use a Bundle Persistence manager.

You were right, putting
org.apache.jackrabbit.core.persistence.bundle.OraclePersistenceManager
instead of
org.apache.jackrabbit.core.persistence.db.OraclePersistenceManager solved
the problem. Thanks!

Re: Binvalues stroed in the database even though i have configured a Datastore.

Posted by Thomas Müller <th...@day.com>.
Hi,

You need to use a Bundle Persistence manager. See "Requirements" at
http://wiki.apache.org/jackrabbit/DataStore :

"A Bundle persistence manager is required, or any other persistence
manager that supports data stores. The SimpleDbPersistenceManager and
subclasses do not support the data store, meaning large objects are
still saved multiple times if it is used. "

You are using org.apache.jackrabbit.core.persistence.db.OraclePersistenceManager,
which is a subclass of SimpleDbPersistenceManager. See also
http://wiki.apache.org/jackrabbit/PersistenceManagerFAQ

Regards,
Thomas