Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Rajeshkumar J <ra...@gmail.com> on 2017/05/22 10:33:01 UTC

MultiTableInputFormat class

Hi,

   I came across MultiTableInputFormat class which convert HBase tabular
data from multiple scanners into a format that is consumable by Map/Reduce.
So what will be the input to the mapper class if I have passed a scan
object to this class which scans two tables. Whether the input to mapper
class is the whole data which the scan object returns ?? can any one explain

Thanks

Re: MultiTableInputFormat class

Posted by Jerry He <je...@gmail.com>.
You would pass multiple Scans to MultiTableInputFormat.  Each Scan object
is for each table.
The input to the mapper is the same as before: the scan result (row key and
values for the row).

Thanks,

Jerry