Posted to dev@cassandra.apache.org by Niels Basjes <Ni...@basjes.nl> on 2011/07/06 22:06:36 UTC

RPMs made easy

Hi all,

I'm new to the realm of Cassandra and I'm just starting to get to know
the tool you've been working on.
I wanted to try it out on my laptop (CentOS 5.6) and found that
getting an RPM for installation was "hard".
Also building one from source was not quite as easy as I would like it to be.

So I fixed that ... and provided a patch via Jira

With this patch in place you can simply do "ant rpm" from a fresh
checkout (assuming you have rpmbuild installed) and you get an RPM and
SRPM.

I not quite sure what your procedure is for integrating "unsolicited &
unexpected patches" like this so I'm sending this message to the dev
list.

Would you like to integrate this ? If so, do I have to do anything in
addition to what I've done so far?

Niels Basjes