Posted to user@tez.apache.org by László Bodor <bo...@gmail.com> on 2022/06/10 20:38:13 UTC

[DISCUSS] Tez 0.10.2 Release Planning

Hi All!

We have lots of important fixes since Tez 0.10.1, amongst others:

*Security*:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TEZ-4405
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TEZ-4369
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TEZ-4405

*Dependencies/Compatibility:*
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TEZ-4311
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TEZ-4298

*Supportability*:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TEZ-4347
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TEZ-4038

*Packaging*:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TEZ-4323

The full list is:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TEZ-4411?jql=project%20%3D%20TEZ%20AND%20resolution%20!%3D%20null%20and%20fixVersion%20in%20(0.10.2)

Not to mention that Tez release is currently blocking Hive's upgrade to
Hadoop 3.3.x:

Release manager: if anyone is wanting to volunteer for 0.10.2 release
manager, please let me
know, otherwise, I'm happy to take care of it.

Also, if there is a patch that you would like to be included in 0.10.2,
please let us know.

Thanks,
Laszlo Bodor
Tez PMC Chair

Re: [DISCUSS] Tez 0.10.2 Release Planning

Posted by László Bodor <bo...@gmail.com>.
Devs, Users!

I feel there is no strong opinion or objection here, which looks like an
opportunity to me to go ahead with the release. :)
Hopefully, I can come back with the release artifacts in 1-2 weeks to get
some reviews.

Regards,
Laszlo Bodor
Tez PMC Chair