Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Konstantin Gordiyenko <ko...@techone.com> on 2000/08/04 03:21:05 UTC

NullPointerException in AWTCommandLine

Hi.

I'm trying to run the following command:
java org.apache.fop.apps.AWTCommandLine fo_file

All I've got is the following Exception:
        at
org.apache.fop.viewer.PreviewDialog.showPage(PreviewDialog.java:347)
        at
org.apache.fop.viewer.PreviewDialog.setScale(PreviewDialog.java:322)
        at
org.apache.fop.viewer.PreviewDialog.scale_actionPerformed(PreviewDialog.java:326)
        at
org.apache.fop.viewer.PreviewDialog$7.actionPerformed(PreviewDialog.java:96)
        at javax.swing.JComboBox.fireActionEvent(JComboBox.java:638)
        at javax.swing.JComboBox.selectedItemChanged(JComboBox.java:660)
        at javax.swing.JComboBox.contentsChanged(JComboBox.java:704)
        at
javax.swing.AbstractListModel.fireContentsChanged(AbstractListModel.java:82)
        at
javax.swing.DefaultComboBoxModel.setSelectedItem(DefaultComboBoxModel.java:88)
        at javax.swing.JComboBox.setSelectedItem(JComboBox.java:369)
        at
org.apache.fop.viewer.PreviewDialog.<init>(PreviewDialog.java:100)
        at
org.apache.fop.apps.AWTCommandLine.createPreviewDialog(AWTCommandLine.java:139)
        at
org.apache.fop.apps.AWTCommandLine.<init>(AWTCommandLine.java:65)
        at
org.apache.fop.apps.AWTCommandLine.main(AWTCommandLine.java:220)

I'm using JDK 1.3.0 on WinNT 4.0 SP6, FOP v. 0.13.0, Xerces v. 1.1.3.

Re: NullPointerException in AWTCommandLine

Posted by Stephan Albers <St...@jcatalog.com>.
Hi Fotis,

> I have problems compiling and running the new version. Maybe the latest changes to the
> code during the last few days broke your new viewer code again? I sent a more
> extensive report on the problems to Stanislaw Gorkhover.
>
> If you would have commit access, could you commit your changes yourselves or do
> you have permanent difficulities to access cvs?

I am not sure if we will get this going in the next week, so for version
0.14 it would be good, if you could stay in contact with Stanislaw and
check in the version.

(By the way: It's really nice to see the "baby lion" in the previewer)

Beside that, it would be great if one of us (Stanislaw?) could become a
commiter, because this would make these things a little easier.

Stephan

Re: NullPointerException in AWTCommandLine

Posted by Fotis Jannidis <fo...@lrz.uni-muenchen.de>.
From:           	Stephan Albers <St...@jcatalog.com>

> The AWT viewer has massivly changed. The new version should be checked
> in soon. I think that Stanislaw Gorkhover just sended the new version to
> Fotis. SVG is supported, the exception should have gone away.

I have problems compiling and running the new version. Maybe the latest changes to the
code during the last few days broke your new viewer code again? I sent a more
extensive report on the problems to Stanislaw Gorkhover.
If you would have commit access, could you commit your changes yourselves or do
you have permanent difficulities to access cvs?

Fotis

Re: NullPointerException in AWTCommandLine

Posted by Stephan Albers <St...@jcatalog.com>.

Posted by Fotis Jannidis <fo...@lrz.uni-muenchen.de>.
> I'm trying to run the following command:
> java org.apache.fop.apps.AWTCommandLine fo_file

org.apache.fop.apps.AWTCommandLine doesn't work at the moment, but it should be
fixed in a few days. The people who wrote it are working on it.
Fotis