Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Vizion <vi...@vizion.occoxmail.com> on 2007/03/28 19:06:53 UTC

[users@httpd] httpd.conf question - virtual server- firewall port forwarding

I am setting up an apache2.2 server on freebsd with a number of virtual hosts.

The server is behind a firewall which has the IP address to which each virtual host is pointed by DNS with port 80 forwarding to the server. The server is on a private network (192.168.0.0) behind the firewall.

I have never used this arrangement before and cannot get the virtual servers functioning properly.

httpd.conf includes the lines:
Include etc/apache22/Includes/*.conf
the virtual servers have entries in the form of:

<Virtual host 192.168.x.x>
        DocumentRoot /absolute/path/to/root
        Servername   www.mydomain.tld
        AcceptPathInfo
</VirtualHost>

<Directory /absolute/path/to/root>
           order allow, deny
           allow from all
</Directory>

Can anyone point me to a resource that can maybe help me identify what I am doing wrong. I have not had to use this arangement before.. so I am doubtless making a silly mistake somewhere.
\
Thanks in advance

david

Re: [users@httpd] httpd.conf question - virtual server- firewall port forwarding

Posted by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca>.
On 3/28/07, Vizion <vi...@vizion.occoxmail.com> wrote:
> I am setting up an apache2.2 server on freebsd with a number of virtual hosts.
>
> The server is behind a firewall which has the IP address to which each virtual host is pointed by DNS with port 80 forwarding to the server. The server is on a private network (192.168.0.0) behind the firewall.
>
> I have never used this arrangement before and cannot get the virtual servers functioning properly.

What exactly happens when you try?

In general, you should be using
NameVirtualHost *:80
and then for each virtual host
<VirtualHost *:80>
</VirtualHost>

to avoid potential mis-matched IP addresses.

Joshua.