Posted to batik-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Sc...@t-systems.com on 2003/08/29 12:16:10 UTC

Generating SVG from JPanel

Hi,

I have written a swing-component (extends JPanel) for a java application to display various chart.
Now i have to use this component to generate the charts in a JSP and send the browser a jpeg/svg.
That works great when using SVGGraphics2D and the Transcoder-API directly with the chart panel.

But when composing like:
	ChartPanel chart = new ChartPanel();     //my jpanel that shows a chart
	JPanel content = new JPanel();
	JPanel titlePanel = new JTitelPanel();   //other class for displaying the titel of the chart
	content.add(chart, BorderLayout.CENTER);
	content.add(titlePanel, BorderLayout.NORTH);

i cant produce a jpeg or svg with SVGGraphics2D when i use the "content object.
All i got is a grey rectangle, i think its only the "content"-panel.

Can anybody help?

Thanks,

Roland Schmitt

T-Systems