Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by tom cat <to...@hotmail.com> on 2001/09/21 23:03:58 UTC

help with mod_webapp cvs checkout

http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/jakarta-tomcat-4.0/release/v4.0

"Binary and source distributions of the mod_webapp connector will be posted
on Wednesday, September 19, 2001, for a variety of platforms. If you wish to
build the connector in the mean time, please download the
jakarta-tomcat-connectors CVS repository, and follow the build instructions
in the README.txt file of the webapp subdirectory."

It's been awhile since I used cvs. I did the following per the README.txt:

cvs -d :pserver:anoncvs@cvs.apache.org:/home/cvspublic login
CVS password: anoncvs

cvs login: failed to open ~/.cvspass for reading: No such file or directory
cvs [login aborted]: fatal error: exiting

Now what?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Help with getting mod_webapp to work properly

Posted by Nick Torenvliet <to...@sympatico.ca>.
I'm following the directions in the binary dist INSTALL.txt file.  I can get
the point where "apachectl configtest" gives syntax ok back.

When I insert the lines

	WebAppConnection conn warp 192.168.2.4:8008
	WebAppDeploy examples conn /examples

I get the following error

invalid command 'ppConnection', perhaps mispelled or defined by a module not
included in the server configuration.

I've only installed the mod_ssl and the mod_web_app, and I am running Apache
1.3.20 and tomcat 4.0 with the defaul server.xml.  I've defined my server
name as 192.168.2.4 in httpd.conf.

What's the problem?

Re: what port should I use for mod_webapp

Posted by David Smith <dn...@cornell.edu>.
I just did this config yesterday and ran into the same problem.  The Port
directive in httpd.conf should be 80 for the default web port unless you're
running Apache on another port.  Check the Apache docs for more info on it.
Mod_webapp seems to require it explicitly defined as opposed to taking the
default 80 when not defined.  I'm not sure why, but then again, mod_webapp is
still very new and is bound to be a little rough around the edges.

That's my experience.  --David Smith

Re: help with mod_webapp cvs checkout

Posted by Pier Fumagalli <pi...@betaversion.org>.
"tom cat" <to...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/jakarta-tomcat-4.0/release/v4.0
>
> "Binary and source distributions of the mod_webapp connector will be posted
> on Wednesday, September 19, 2001, for a variety of platforms. If you wish to
> build the connector in the mean time, please download the
> jakarta-tomcat-connectors CVS repository, and follow the build instructions
> in the README.txt file of the webapp subdirectory."
>
> It's been awhile since I used cvs. I did the following per the README.txt:
>
> cvs -d :pserver:anoncvs@cvs.apache.org:/home/cvspublic login
> CVS password: anoncvs
>
> cvs login: failed to open ~/.cvspass for reading: No such file or directory
> cvs [login aborted]: fatal error: exiting
>
> Now what?
>
> Thanks in advance for your help.

This is a problem on your client... Be sure to remove the .cvspass file in
your home directory....

    Pier