Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Aladin Alaily <st...@aladin.ca> on 2005/05/24 17:12:37 UTC

Struts, xhtml & bad tag syntax ... maybe nice in 1.7

Hello,

Has anyone tried to make the struts tags xhtml compliant?  Here is what I
mean.

I have noticed that whenever an html component is generated using the html
tags (or any other tag from the libraries), they are usually not closed.

For example, when generating a form input field using:

the html code generated looks like:
<input type="text" name="whatever" value="">

when it should really look like this:
<input type="text" name="whatever" value="" /> (Notice the / to close the
tag)

This is a problem when you want to enforce a specific DOCTYPE to your
web-application. The problem can easily be fixed... are struts developers
thinking about this problem?  It would be nice to have this addition to
Struts 1.7

Aladin

Re: Struts, xhtml & bad tag syntax ... maybe nice in 1.7

Posted by Aladin Alaily <st...@aladin.ca>.
Thanks Niall.

I got your message after I had already sent another to the list.

Aladin