Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by xan <ps...@prateeksachan.com> on 2014/11/10 13:10:21 UTC

Solr query with multiple double quotes

When doing a query: "how "r" you" as:

name:("how "r" you"^100) : I get no results.

When doing it as->
name:"how "r" you"^100 : I get the correct results.

Solr parses the 1st query as ->
"q": "name:\"how \"r\" you\"100"

and the 2nd one as ->
q": "name:\"how \"r\" you\"100"

I want to get correct results while doing: name:("how "r" you"^100).

Re: Solr query with multiple double quotes

Posted by xan <ps...@prateeksachan.com>.
Hi,

Still it shows me 0 results.

I'm doing the following: Do a customized search and find out some "exact
matches". To those exact matches, I then apply a boost.

It's working amazingly. It's just these types of names (that I recently)
encountered weren't returning any search results.

Re: Solr query with multiple double quotes

Posted by Ahmet Arslan <io...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.
Hi,

How about using carat operator after the parenthesis?

q=name:("how "r" you")^100

By the way what is your default search field?

Ahmet