Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Justin Frost <ju...@siemens.com> on 2007/11/09 18:06:12 UTC

[S2]Pass error message from called page back to calling page

My situation is that I have an input jsp.  On submit I call my struts action
and do a DB query.  If I get an empty result I want to be directed back to
the original input jsp and display an error message.

What is considered the best method for doing this?

I could add the message to the session context.

Re: [S2]Pass error message from called page back to calling page

Posted by Dave Newton <ne...@yahoo.com>.
addActionError(...)?