Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Gunter D'Hondt <gu...@sofico.be> on 2005/03/02 13:48:01 UTC

i18n transformer problems

Hi,

I've got the following transformer-configuration:
      <map:transformer name="i18n"
src="org.apache.cocoon.transformation.I18nTransformer">
        <catalogues default="mysystem">
          <catalogue id="mysystem" name="textmessages"
location="context://config"/>
          <catalogue id="woody" name="validationmessages"
location="context://config"/>
          <cache-at-startup>false</cache-at-startup>
        </catalogues>
      </map:transformer>

and I'm calling the transformer with:
      <map:transform type="i18n">
         <map:parameter name="locale" value="nl_BE"/>
      </map:transform>

in my config-folder I've only got textmessages.xml and
validationmessages.xml (so no textmessages_nl_BE.xml) so as the
documentation says it will first look for a catalogue with the locale in
the filename and if not found it will look for the textmessages.xml.

With this I've got 2 problems:
1) why does it always generate an error inside the error logging:
org.apache.excalibur.source.SourceNotFoundException:
file:/M:/Site/config/textmessages_nl_BE.xml doesn't exist.
2) changing to the textmessages catalogue (textmessages.xml) are not
dynamically reloaded and always requires a server-restart

Any help is welcome,

Regards,
Gunter D'Hondt

Re: i18n transformer problems

Posted by Gunter D'Hondt <gu...@sofico.be>.
he's talking about:
Not sure if cache-at-startup is relevant anymore. I'd probably go for
cacheable
and reloadable parameters - makes more sense to me.

what does he mean with cacheable and reloadable parameters?

PS: i'm working with 2.1.4 for this issue

Gunter

Jorg Heymans <jh...@domek.be>
Sent by: news <ne...@sea.gmane.org>
03-03-2005 15:00