Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Vibhooti Verma <ve...@gmail.com> on 2008/06/30 11:41:44 UTC

namnode replication

I have set my  property  as follows.
<property>
  <name>dfs.name.dir</name>

<value>/apollo/env/TVHadoopCluster/var/tmp/hadoop/dfs/name,/local/namenode</value>
  <description>Determines where on the local filesystem the DFS name node
      should store the name table.  If this is a comma-delimited list
      of directories then the name table is replicated in all of the
      directories, for redundancy. </description>
</property>

when  I start my dfs after that, it does not find all the directory
structure and hence cant start the namenode. has any one tried this before?
Please let me  know if i have to  create entire structure manually.

Regards,
VIbhooti

--
cheers,