Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by "Emmanouil Batsis (Manos)" <ma...@abiss.gr> on 2011/12/06 13:55:41 UTC

Tree selection form component? (was: Re: Component for chained/dependent drop downs?)

On 11/19/2011 05:09 PM, Emmanouil Batsis (Manos) wrote:
 > I was wondering if anyone has implemented a reusable component for
 > handling hierarchical/dependent dropdowns as I'm thinking of having a go
 > at it... I hijacked the thread as it seems relevant.

At first I was after a component that adds an arbitrary number of
chained selects (the example bellow was just that), but a tree makes a
lot more sense in many cases. Any examples of a tree used to update a
text field? I'd happily turn that to a FormComponentPanel if none is
available.

Manos

Re: Tree selection form component?

Posted by "Emmanouil Batsis (Manos)" <ma...@abiss.gr>.
On 12/06/2011 02:55 PM, Emmanouil Batsis (Manos) wrote:

> On 11/19/2011 05:09 PM, Emmanouil Batsis (Manos) wrote:
>  > I was wondering if anyone has implemented a reusable component for
>  > handling hierarchical/dependent dropdowns as I'm thinking of having a go
>  > at it... I hijacked the thread as it seems relevant.
>
> At first I was after a component that adds an arbitrary number of
> chained selects (the example bellow was just that), but a tree makes a
> lot more sense in many cases. Any examples of a tree used to update a
> text field? I'd happily turn that to a FormComponentPanel if none is
> available.

It really needs some cleanup and improvements but in case anyone needs
to see an example:

http://code.google.com/p/calipso/source/browse/trunk/calipso-war/src/main/java/gr/abiss/calipso/wicket/components/formfields/TreeChoice.java