Posted to user@mahout.apache.org by Tim Williams <wi...@gmail.com> on 2010/05/26 16:20:39 UTC

Classifier InMemoryDataStore question

I'm playing around with the classifier classes trying to figure out if
it's suitable for my needs.  I'm trying to figure out where it begins
to be dependent on Hadoop.  Looking at the InMemoryDataStore, I see
references to HDFS in the initialize method, but in some ridiculously
over-simplified tests I've not needed that method (and all appears to
be working).  When would one need to use initialize?  Also, are there
any (or plans for any) simple file system implementations of a data
store?

Thanks,
--tim