Posted to dev@airavata.apache.org by Apoorv Palkar <ap...@aol.com> on 2017/03/25 19:06:20 UTC

[GSoC] Distributed Workload Management.

I am creating a GSoC proposal for the distributed workload management part of Airavata. I read the article titled "A Centralized, Apache Mesos Inspired Architecture". I was wondering if anybody had actually coded the idea proposed in the article? It seems very interesting. In addition to this, I wanted to remove all of the RabbitMQ implementation and replace it with the gossip protocol via Serf.

Thanks,
Apoorv Palkar

Re: [GSoC] Distributed Workload Management.

Posted by Apoorv Palkar <ap...@aol.com>.
https://github.com/airavata-courses/spring17-workload-management/wiki/%5BFinal%5D-Centralized-architecture-for-workload-management

The above is the link to the data. I was told during HackIllinois by Gourav that the workers should pull from the queue rather than the scheduler pushing to the workers. I worked on implementing the Serf and gossip protocol, but I ran out of time. This is something I'm looking to do as part of my GSoC project.

Posted by Shameera Rathnayaka <sh...@gmail.com>.
Hi Apoorv,

--
Shameera Rathnayaka