Posted to dev@uima.apache.org by Jörn Kottmann <ko...@gmail.com> on 2008/03/11 20:29:47 UTC

Eclipse plugin jar files

Hello,

do we have to unzip the runtime jar file to make it work with eclipse ?

I tried to build the Cas Editor but it failed because it could not
find the necessary classes inside the runtime plugin,
after I unzipped the runtime plugin file everything could be found.

Jörn

Re: Eclipse plugin jar files

Posted by Tong Fin <to...@gmail.com>.
The statement is at the "Unzipping JARs" section of (Eclipse Help):

Plug-in Development Environment Guide <../../../../../nav/4> >
Tools<../../../../../nav/4_1>> New
Project Creation
Wizards<../../../../../topic/org.eclipse.pde.doc.user/guide/tools/project_wizards/new_project_wizards.htm>>
Plug-in From Existing JAR Archives

-Tong

Re: Eclipse plugin jar files

Posted by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com>.
Hi Tong,

Re: Eclipse plugin jar files

Posted by Tong Fin <to...@gmail.com>.

Re: Eclipse plugin jar files

Posted by Tong Fin <to...@gmail.com>.
Hi Jorn,

Re: Eclipse plugin jar files

Posted by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com>.
Jörn Kottmann wrote:
> Hi Marshall,
>
> if we package the plugins as jar eclipse tooling can not find
> classes inside the nested jars as Tong pointed out.
>
> I suggest that we ship the plugins as folder. The other option which I
> see is
> to ship them as jar, but with the nested jars unzipped.
>
> What do you think ?
I found an option in the maven-bundle-plugin for the <EmbedDependency>,
inline=true, which "unzips" the inner jars.  So that's what I am using.
It appears to work :-)

I'll put in a Jira and commit the change.

-Marshall

Re: Eclipse plugin jar files

Re: Eclipse plugin jar files

Posted by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com>.
Jörn Kottmann wrote:
> Hello,
>
> do we have to unzip the runtime jar file to make it work with eclipse ?
It doesn't need to be unzipped to work with Eclipse, or to work with our
build (which now uses Apache Felix's maven-bundle-plugin).  Most of the
Eclipse plugins now are packaged just this way - as one Jar.

-Marshall