Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Matt Zimmerman <md...@debian.org> on 2002/09/23 20:25:13 UTC

Sharing multiple versions of jars

In my environment, I need to support using different versions of certain
JARs with different webapps.  For example, servlet #1, #2 and #4 require
library.jar version 1.0, while #3, #5 and #6 require library.jar version
1.1.

For various reasons, I want these jars to be loaded just once, and shared
between all servlets which require them.  The current classloader hierarchy
does not seem to support this in a straightforward way.  Is there a
mechanism for this that I have missed, or is it something that I would need
to implement using a custom loader (or several)?

--
 - mdz