Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Oezcan Acar <ac...@unitedinter.net> on 2007/04/23 10:36:03 UTC

Hadoop for production

Hi,

we operate a big webbased online community with a lot of linux boxes. We would like to store the videos and the pictures of our member on HDFS. We are only interested in clustered filesystem of hadoop.

Would you recommend the deployment of hadoop fs on our production system to store user files? The video files are max 20-30 MB, the pics max 1MB each. They are written ones and never changed or only deleted at request.

Is Hadoop fs adequate for our application?

Thanks.

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Özcan Acar, Dipl. Inf(FH)