Posted to dev@kafka.apache.org by Benny Ho <bl...@yahoo.com.INVALID> on 2016/07/28 15:47:52 UTC

LEADER_NOT_AVAILABLE error

Hello,
I'm receiving an error while publishing messages to a kafka topic, the steps I took were:1. Starting zookeeper server2. Starting kafka server3. Sending messages to kafka topic with a Kafka Producer
8105 [kafka-producer-network-thread | producer-2] DEBUG org.apache.kafka.clients.NetworkClient  - Sending metadata request {topics=[default-topic]} to node -1
8108 [kafka-producer-network-thread | producer-1] DEBUG org.apache.kafka.clients.NetworkClient  - Sending metadata request {topics=[default-topic-raw]} to node -18109 [kafka-producer-network-thread | producer-2] WARN  org.apache.kafka.clients.NetworkClient  - Error while fetching metadata with correlation id 9 : {default-topic=LEADER_NOT_AVAILABLE}8112 [kafka-producer-network-thread | producer-1] WARN  org.apache.kafka.clients.NetworkClient  - Error while fetching metadata with correlation id 10 : {default-topic-raw=LEADER_NOT_AVAILABLE}8213 [kafka-producer-network-thread | producer-2] DEBUG org.apache.kafka.clients.NetworkClient  - Sending metadata request {topics=[default-topic]} to node -18216 [kafka-producer-network-thread | producer-1] DEBUG org.apache.kafka.clients.NetworkClient  - Sending metadata request {topics=[default-topic-raw]} to node -1
The two topics I attempted to write to were default-topic and default-topic-raw.
I've heard solutions of changing advertised.listeners in the server.properties file to local or my local IP, but it didn't solve the problem.
Benny Ho