Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by Isaeed Mohanna <is...@gmail.com> on 2016/08/22 12:54:35 UTC

Ignite Grace full node shutdown

Hi
I have ignite embedded in my own server, I have a 3 node cluster running
different tasks and services all the time.
for availability reasons i would like to perform a rolling upgrade of my
server (not ignite, ignite will still be in the same version), so i would
like to stop one node, put in a new version and start it again, doing so for
each node in the cluster.
The only problem i have that when i stop a node it is possible that a task
is being executed on this node and therefore interrupted. I would like to
avoid this interruption.
Is it possible pragmatically using Ignite API to tell a specific Node to
stop accepting new tasks, continue executing current tasks and then shutdown
when all tasks are completed?
I saw stop node which sends a kill command, therefore its identical to
stopping the application. and Ignite.close which seems to stop the whole
cluster, therefore both will interrupt running tasks.
Thanks in advance

Re: Ignite Grace full node shutdown

Posted by Isaeed Mohanna <is...@gmail.com>.
Thank You

Posted by vkulichenko <va...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Isaeed Mohanna <is...@gmail.com>.
according to documentation ignition.stop(false) will stop the whole grid,
while in my case i would like to stop this specific node only while the
other two nodes should continue working? could you please confirm that
ignition.stop will stop only current note and not the whole grid?

Posted by Vladislav Pyatkov <vl...@gmail.com>.
Hello,

You can use Ignition.stop(false), to wait for completion active tasks on a
node.

Also, you can use checkpoint[1] for save task state on one node and
continue on other node.

[1]: https://apacheignite.readme.io/docs/checkpointing

On Mon, Aug 22, 2016 at 3:54 PM, Isaeed Mohanna <is...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi
> I have ignite embedded in my own server, I have a 3 node cluster running
> different tasks and services all the time.
> for availability reasons i would like to perform a rolling upgrade of my
> server (not ignite, ignite will still be in the same version), so i would
> like to stop one node, put in a new version and start it again, doing so
> for
> each node in the cluster.
> The only problem i have that when i stop a node it is possible that a task
> is being executed on this node and therefore interrupted. I would like to
> avoid this interruption.
> Is it possible pragmatically using Ignite API to tell a specific Node to
> stop accepting new tasks, continue executing current tasks and then
> shutdown
> when all tasks are completed?
> I saw stop node which sends a kill command, therefore its identical to
> stopping the application. and Ignite.close which seems to stop the whole
> cluster, therefore both will interrupt running tasks.
> Thanks in advance

Vladislav Pyatkov