Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by "Kirchhoff, Lars" <La...@wincor-nixdorf.com> on 2002/11/26 10:06:58 UTC

i18n translator and thai support

Hi,

I played around with the i18n translator and it worked perfectly for german
and english translation. But now I tried to create a dictonary for thai
language and it's not working. I always get the english dictonary. I figured
out that, if the dictonary file [for instances messages_th.xml] is wrong or
has wrong statements in it, the other dictonaries are tried.
After this I simply tried to put some thai characters in the xsp code and
got the following error:

============ error ===================================
The org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.sitemap.PipelineNode notifies
that org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException says:

Invalid byte 2 of 2-byte UTF-8 sequence.

More precisely:

org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException: Invalid byte 2 of 2-byte UTF-8
sequence.: java.io.UTFDataFormatException: Invalid byte 2 of 2-byte UTF-8
sequence.
============ /error ===================================

can anyone give me a suggestions what I can do? The funny thing is that the
date-time function of i18n transformer is working and shows the date in thai
fonts.

Thanks in advance

best regards
Lars Kirchhoff

Re: i18n translator and thai support

Posted by Konstantin Piroumian <kp...@apache.org>.
Hi!

Probably, you are using a wrong editor to edit your dictionary files and it
somehow mangles the encoding.
I usually use XML Spy to edit this kind of exotic languages and I've
successfully edited the Chinese, Japanese and Korean translations (they are
in C2.1 only).

Regards,
  Konstantin