Posted to taglibs-user@tomcat.apache.org by Pierre Delisle <pi...@sun.com> on 2002/06/20 14:37:26 UTC

Re: Fwd: Re: org/apache/taglibs/standard/tag/el/sql/DriverTag missing from RC1

"/javax/servlet/jsp/resources/web-jsptaglibrary_1_2.dtd" is part of servlet.jar.
In Tomcat 4.0.3, servlet.jar is located in common/lib.

You should check that this resource is indeed in there.

Have you tried running the jstl-examples webapp?

If that fails, I'd install a fresh copy of tomcat 4.0.3, with JSTL RC1,
and make sure that jstl-examples run properly.

    -- Pierre

Posted by David Goodenough <da...@btconnect.com>.
Right, well I tried that and the examples failed.  So I tried it with the
Java Web Services setup that I had downloaded, and it works.  So obviously
the problem is with the DEB setup that I used to install tomcat 4.  So
I will go pester the packager to see what he suggests.

David