Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by "Hermann, Eckehard" <Ec...@softwareag.com> on 2002/02/27 09:48:22 UTC

Pass Principal through to the store

Hi all,

I have the following problem. I enabled authentication at my slide webdav
server. Now the user has to authenticate himself with userid and password.
After authentication the Tomcat Realm creates an java.security.Principal
object. This object is passed throught to the Http Methods and is also
contained in the slide token. Because I need the userid, domain and password
information of the authenticated user for doing my connects to the database
in the stores, I extended the CredentialsToken class with a Principal field
and a getPrincipal() method. For having the slideToken containing the
CredentailsToken and the Principal in the store I would like to change the
connect() method of the AbstractServiceBase class from connect() to
connect(SlideToken) token and implement the currently abstract method as
follows:

   public void connect(SlideToken token)
        throws ServiceConnectionFailedException {
	connect();
   }

Additionaly all invokations of the connect method have to be changed.

In this case the current store implementations have not to be changed and we
can overwrite the connect method in our store.

Any better ideas?

regards
Eckehard