Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Robert Binna <r....@synedra.com> on 2006/11/02 15:58:49 UTC

Re: getClientId() seems to output the wrong value

Thanks for your answer, but I checked the problem again and I don't have
2 different forms.

As far as I have understood the main Problem is that in the render
method of AbstractComponent
the _clientId is erased in the finally block.

To solve my problem I am doing the following workaround:
cycle.getUniqueId(TapestryUtils.convertTapestryIdToNMToken(<embedded
component id>))

But this workaround seems a bit odd too me. How do others solve this
issue of getting the client id of an embedded component

What are you thinking about moving this code to
TapestryUtils.getUniquedId(<component>) ?
or changing the code of the getClientId() that it allways returns the
correct id and no only while rendered?

Kind regards,
             Robert