Posted to dev@yunikorn.apache.org by Wilfred Spiegelenburg <wi...@apache.org> on 2022/08/04 07:11:50 UTC

[DISCUSSION] Replacing the namespace quota annotations

I would like to propose a replacement of the current namespace quota
annotation in an upcoming release. The current annotation only allows
specifying cpu and or memory. It does not allow the same flexibility
as we allow for quotas in the queue configuration, or what can be
specified in the gang definitions.

I have created a document with the details of the proposal, see this
google doc: [1]  The document is open for commenting to everyone. I
have also logged YUNIKORN-1275 [2] for tracking the work going
forward. You can also leave comments in the jira.

Wilfred

[1] https://docs.google.com/document/d/1XFB-_TQJTa_vgl97ATwU3hqqDkuFpUsfYglVpdyK55k/edit#
[2] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/YUNIKORN-1275

Re: [DISCUSSION] Replacing the namespace quota annotations

Posted by Wilfred Spiegelenburg <wi...@apache.org>.
Updated the doc with more info around the deprecation
This also covers the remark left by Craig in the jira as it overlapped
with Weiwei's comment.

Wilfred

Posted by Weiwei Yang <ww...@apache.org>.
Looks good to me.