Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Brad O'Hearne <br...@neurofire.com> on 2006/03/06 16:20:19 UTC

filterinhg pom.xml and pom.properties and META-INF/maven from archives

I am using maven 2.0.2 and I wish to filter pom.xml and pom.properties
and the META-INF/maven directory from built jar archives. I have tried this:

<build>
<plugins>
<plugin>
<configuration>
<archive>
<addMavenDescriptor>false</addMavenDescriptor>
</archive>
</configuration>
</plugin>
</plugins>
</build>

But I receive the following message:

[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO]
---

Project ID: org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-jar-plugin

Reason: Error getting POM for
'org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-jar-plugin' from t
he repository: Failed to resolve artifact, possibly due to a repository
list tha
t is not appropriately equipped for this artifact's metadata.
  org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-jar-plugin:pom:2.1-SNAPSHOT

from the specified remote repositories:
  central (http://repo1.maven.org/maven2)

What am I missing? How can I make this work?

Thanks,

Brad

Re: filterinhg pom.xml and pom.properties and META-INF/maven from archives

Posted by Brad O'Hearne <br...@neurofire.com>.
Wayne -- thanks!  That helped. I discovered a little something which I
suppose is obvious, is that one project's pom can cover up deficiencies
in another project's pom, which you will only realize when the local
repository is cleaned out. I added my plugin repository to the deficient
pom, and things are groovy again. Thanks!

Brad

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.