Posted to user@uima.apache.org by Powers Joshua Ctr SAF/XC <Jo...@pentagon.af.mil> on 2008/01/25 16:42:17 UTC

Introduction

All,

  I am the technical lead of the Automated Metadata Population Service
(AMPS) working group.  AMPS is a US Department of Defense (DoD) and
Intelligence Community effort to create a Defense Discovery Metadata
Standard (DDMS)-compliant metadata population web service that many
Federal Government Communities of Interest (COI) may choose to adopt in
complying with the DoD's Net-Centric data strategy.  We have chosen UIMA
as the framework for this service due to its flexibility, industry
support, OASIS status and adoption of open standards.  We are still
exploring the basics of the package, and will be channeling questions
pertinent to our project through this mailing list and the uima-dev
mailing list.

Sincerely,

 Josh Powers

 Senior Advisor

 USAF CIO

 703 588 6018

 joshua.powers@pentagon.af.mil

Re: Introduction

Posted by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com>.
Hi Joshua -

Welcome to our open source community project; it is nice to hear of your
interest.  In addition to learning about UIMA and using it,  we
encourage everyone to lend a hand and find a way to participate in the
Apache UIMA open source community effort to make it even better :-)

-Marshall Schor