Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Robert Burrell Donkin <ro...@gmail.com> on 2008/02/01 14:02:20 UTC

Re: Automated Release Audit Reports [Re: Release Audit Report 2008-01-29]

On Jan 31, 2008 12:15 AM, Erik Abele <er...@codefaktor.de> wrote:
> On 30.01.2008, at 21:29, Robert Burrell Donkin wrote:
>
> > you probably have noticed a number of emailed audit reports (see
> > below). i've been doing some testing (apologies for the SPAM) but
> > think that everything's working ok now.
> >
> > 1. frequency: weekly? biweekly? monthly?
>
> Maximum one per week I'd say; bi-weekly is also fine but monthly is
> probably too rare.

<snip>

i'll try to run the scripts once a week but will alter the scripts so
that they only mail if there have been changes

> Maybe make also sure to not send anything if there's nothing to
> report... (I know it's useful to see that it's still there and still
> working but we don't need to spam the whole list then.)

bit worried that without any feedback when the script thinks that
there are no changes, no one will notice if the scripts misses changes
or isn't run for a while. probably good enough to limit a 'no changes'
mail to once a month. in this case, the summary should indicate that
there are no changes.

- robert