Posted to users@camel.apache.org by Trevv <45...@safe-mail.net> on 2008/11/25 09:37:33 UTC

MinaConsumer timeout?

I think the normal way to timeout an incoming Mina connection is to
implement org.apache.mina.common.IoHandler.sessionIdle.  But I don't see
any good way to do this in Camel, because MinaConsumer$ReceiveHandler is
final and inherits a no-op implementation of sessionIdle.

I don't personally need sessionIdle, because I've decided that for
my current project the two-hour timeout provided by SO_KEEPALIVE is
good enough, and I found that I could easily enable SO_KEEPALIVE by
overriding MinaComponent.configureSocketCodecFactory.

I'm just writing to suggest that you might want to add MinaConsumer
timeouts to the agenda for Camel 2.0, because timeouts are very useful.

Or does Camel already have a way to do MinaConsumer timeouts, and I
just didn't notice it?

Re: MinaConsumer timeout?

Posted by Trevv <45...@safe-mail.net>.

Claus Ibsen-2 wrote:
> Do you mind creating a ticket for this and if possible submitting a
> patch. Then as with the http heaaders I will be able to commit it in
> very short time.
This one will require more thought (e.g. about promoting ReceiveHandler
to be a non-inner class) so I'll think about it.  It won't be very soon,
because I'm going to be out of town for a while.

Re: MinaConsumer timeout?

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
Hi Trev

Do you mind creating a ticket for this and if possible submitting a
patch. Then as with the http heaaders I will be able to commit it in
very short time.

/Claus Ibsen
Apache Camel Committer
Blog: http://davsclaus.blogspot.com/