Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by guy bobenrieth <gb...@caramail.com> on 2001/01/04 10:35:57 UTC

Custom Logger

I'm intersted in having Tomcat3.2 logging it's messages to
something else then files.

I was wondering if it is possible to use for example LOG4J
for doing this with tomcat.

I need to log things to a remote syslogd.

Thanks for your help.

Guy Bobenrieth
BoƮte aux lettres - Caramail - http://www.caramail.com

Re: Custom Logger

Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <Cr...@eng.sun.com>.
guy bobenrieth wrote:

> I'm intersted in having Tomcat3.2 logging it's messages to
> something else then files.
>
> I was wondering if it is possible to use for example LOG4J
> for doing this with tomcat.
>
> I need to log things to a remote syslogd.

Doing this would require you to create a custom concrete implementation of
org.apache.tomcat.logger.Logger (for Tomcat 3.2) or org.apache.catalina.Logger (for
Tomcat 4.0), and then plug in your implementation with appropriate entries in the
"conf/server.xml" file.

For either version of Tomcat, this is pretty straightforward.

> Thanks for your help.
>
> Guy Bobenrieth

Craig McClanahan