Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Kristian Rosenvold <kr...@gmail.com> on 2015/12/24 09:19:13 UTC

Automating upload(commit) to "dist" area ?

Is there any way we can do this to avoid manual steps in the release
process ?

Re: Automating upload(commit) to "dist" area ?

Posted by Jason van Zyl <ja...@takari.io>.
What would you like to happen? I can look at writing a Nexus plugin to push content wherever we like after a release.

> On Dec 24, 2015, at 3:19 AM, Kristian Rosenvold <kr...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Is there any way we can do this to avoid manual steps in the release
> process ?

Jason

Jason van Zyl
Founder, Takari and Apache Maven
http://twitter.com/jvanzyl
http://twitter.com/takari_io

Error getting script output:/Users/jvanzyl/signature/signature.sh
Error is:(null)

Re: Automating upload(commit) to "dist" area ?

Posted by he...@free.fr.
I'd like it, but I have no idea how to do it because of:
- the time it has to happen (ie after vote success)
- the credentials required
- need not only to add new release but also remove older (this one is the simple one to fix, a wildcard for version may do the job)

something that can be done is improving component release documentation instructions [1] to generate dist instructions to copy/paste

Regards,

Hervé

[1] http://maven.apache.org/developers/website/component-reference-documentation-helper.html