Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Laxmikanth M.S." <la...@sonata-software.com> on 2002/12/10 13:35:15 UTC

URGENT : Multiple host in Tomcat

Hi all,
I am creating multiple host (virtual Host) in tomcat 4.1.12 Server . Every
host contains context as"/".
for eg. host 1 is "testhost1"
and host2 is "testhost2"
how to access the site.....
please let me know soon
thanks in advance
laxmiaknth

Disclaimer: The information in this e-mail and any attachments is
confidential / privileged. It is intended solely for the addressee or
addressees. If you are not the addressee indicated in this message, you may
not copy or deliver this message to anyone. In such case, you should destroy
this message and kindly notify the sender by reply email. Please advise
immediately if you or your employer does not consent to Internet email for
messages of this kind.

Re: URGENT : Multiple host in Tomcat

Posted by Andoni <an...@indigo.ie>.
Have you created a DNS entry pointing at your IP address for each name?

Does your Server.xml file have a <Host></Host> container for each virtual
host you want to create?

Look into these things and write again if need be.

Andoni.

<ma...@jakarta.apache.org>
<ma...@jakarta.apache.org>

RE: URGENT : Multiple host in Tomcat

Posted by Aleksandr Shneyderman <al...@law.columbia.edu>.
Well one way to go is to putApache in front of it
and let Apache do the load balancing for you

you can read the following article on how to do it
(a bit outdated but still works):

http://www.ubeans.com/tomcat/index.html

and if you want to cluster you can read

http://www2.theserverside.com/resources/article.jsp?l=Tomcat