Posted to dev@avalon.apache.org by Leo Simons <le...@apache.org> on 2003/03/01 09:59:43 UTC

[VOTE] Jira setup

hi all,

I propose we stop using bugzilla completely for avalon projects and ask
Jason 'n Bob to host issue tracking for all of avalon on jira.werken.com.

+1 from me.

BTW, Greg (of board fame) said on infrastructure:
[Noel wrote:]
 >and Greg Stein's official statement that "adminstrative control [is] a
 >> necessary precondition to the guarantees that we make to our users
about the
 >> security of the software distributions" does this mean that Scarab
will be
 >> moving back to nagoya, or some other official hardware?

Well, note that an issue tracking system is somewhat orthogonal to the
software itself (my statement above was related to the code). If somebody
hacks our tracker, then we have some pain to deal with, but it doesn't
affect the code.

 >From a personal standpoint, I like having all the infrastructure in one
place, rather than spread across a billion boxes under various realms of
ownership/control, and that is the way that I would always vote -- put all
facilities on *.apache.org. But with my Director hat on, I'm not very
hard-line with where the issue trackers are located.

I take this as that while a move to jira might be frowned upon by some,
it is not really a big issue or against "policy". And Jira /is/ neat.

cheers,

- Leo

Re: [VOTE] Jira setup

Posted by Leo Simons <le...@apache.org>.
Peter Donald wrote:
> delayed +1 for me. Lets give it a test drive first.

uhm, okay. Cancelling vote for now :D

- Leo

Re: [VOTE] Jira setup

Posted by Peter Donald <pe...@realityforge.org>.
On Sat, 1 Mar 2003 19:59, Leo Simons wrote:
> hi all,
>
> I propose we stop using bugzilla completely for avalon projects and ask
> Jason 'n Bob to host issue tracking for all of avalon on jira.werken.com.
>
> +1 from me.

delayed +1 for me. Lets give it a test drive first. I have used it a fair bit
at different places I work (and just getting it at current job - yay!) but
wait till everyone has a play first. Then +17635247864 from me ;)

--
Cheers,

Peter Donald
Duct tape is like the force.  It has a light side, and a dark side, and
it binds the universe together ...
                -- Carl Zwanzig