Posted to dev@felix.apache.org by Clement Escoffier <cl...@gmail.com> on 2011/12/06 18:52:55 UTC

[VOTE] Release Felix iPOJO Manipulator version 1.8.2

Hi,

It's time to cut a release of the iPOJO Manipulator project (1.8.2).

The release is a bit different this time, has I've released a couple of artifacts in once (we have aggregated all manipulator front-end in one Maven reactor), so this releases contains:
* org.apache.felix.ipojo.metadata 1.6.0
* org.apache.felix.ipojo.manipulator 1.8.2
* maven-ipojo-plugin 1.8.2
* ipojo-ant-task 1.8.2
* bnd-ipojo-plugin 1.8.2 (new module)
* manipulator-project (1.8.2)

(the changelog is included below)

Staging repository:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachefelix-294/

You can use this UNIX script to download the release and verify the
signatures:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/felix/trunk/check_staged_release.sh

Usage:
sh check_staged_release.sh 294 /tmp/felix-staging

Please vote to approve this release:

[ ] +1 Approve the release

This vote will be open for 72 hours (at least).

Regards,

Clement

Changelog:
** Bug
    * [FELIX-2825] - The maven-ipojo-plugin does not replace component classes in WAR files
    * [FELIX-2829] - The maven-ipojo-plugin archetype descriptor is not conform
    * [FELIX-2833] - The maven-ipojo-plugin  does not support manipulating artifact with a classifier
    * [FELIX-3012] - "Duplicate name&signature" problem
    * [FELIX-3098] - iPOJO new manipulator crashes when using a custom reporter
    * [FELIX-3145] - VerifyError on Java 7
    * [FELIX-3249] - iPOJO Bnd Plugin do not write all the metadatas in the manifest

** Improvement
    * [FELIX-3017] - The manipulator should return the original class if it's already manipulated
    * [FELIX-3078] - Introduce resource abstraction in the iPOJO manipulator
    * [FELIX-3079] - Adapt the Ant task and the maven plugin to use the new manipulator capabilities
    * [FELIX-3080] - Implement a BND plugin for iPOJO
    * [FELIX-3131] - Elements and attributes should conserve the insertion order
    * [FELIX-3204] - @Temporal should handle instantiation-time properties
    * [FELIX-3244] - Manipulator : DefaultManifestBuilder should be more extensible

[RESULT][VOTE] Release Felix iPOJO Manipulator version 1.8.2

Posted by Clement Escoffier <cl...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

It's time to close the vote. The vote is successful.

I will upload the artifacts ASAP.

Thanks and regards,

Clement

Re: [VOTE] Release Felix iPOJO Manipulator version 1.8.2

Posted by Karl Pauls <ka...@gmail.com>.
+1

regards,

Karl

--
Karl Pauls
karlpauls@gmail.com

Re: [VOTE] Release Felix iPOJO Manipulator version 1.8.2

Posted by "Richard S. Hall" <he...@ungoverned.org>.
+1

Posted by Clement Escoffier <cl...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Even if it's a regression, it's not critical as it happens on pretty rare case (I wasn't able to reproduce it with our applications). So, the bug will be fixed in the next version (when we find a way to fix it for all front-ends).

So, the vote goes forward.

Regards,

Clement

Posted by "Richard S. Hall" <he...@ungoverned.org>.

Posted by "Guillaume Sauthier (Objectweb)" <gu...@objectweb.org>.

Posted by Clement Escoffier <cl...@gmail.com>.
+1,

Posted by Alex Karasulu <ak...@apache.org>.
+1

(binding)

On Wed, Dec 14, 2011 at 8:19 PM, Ken Gilmer <kg...@gmail.com> wrote:
> +1 (non-binding)
>
> thx
> ken
>
> On Wed, Dec 14, 2011 at 12:14 AM, Felix Meschberger <fm...@adobe.com> wrote:
>> +1
>>
>> Regards
>> Felix
>>
>> Am 06.12.2011 um 18:52 schrieb Clement Escoffier:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> It's time to cut a release of the iPOJO Manipulator project (1.8.2).
>>>
>>> The release is a bit different this time, has I've released a couple of artifacts in once (we have aggregated all manipulator front-end in one Maven reactor), so this releases contains:
>>> * org.apache.felix.ipojo.metadata 1.6.0
>>> * org.apache.felix.ipojo.manipulator 1.8.2
>>> * maven-ipojo-plugin 1.8.2
>>> * ipojo-ant-task 1.8.2
>>> * bnd-ipojo-plugin 1.8.2 (new module)
>>> * manipulator-project (1.8.2)
>>>
>>> (the changelog is included below)
>>>
>>> Staging repository:
>>> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachefelix-294/
>>>
>>> You can use this UNIX script to download the release and verify the
>>> signatures:
>>> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/felix/trunk/check_staged_release.sh
>>>
>>> Usage:
>>> sh check_staged_release.sh 294 /tmp/felix-staging
>>>
>>> Please vote to approve this release:
>>>
>>> [ ] +1 Approve the release
>>> [ ] -1 Veto the release (please provide specific comments)
>>>
>>> This vote will be open for 72 hours (at least).
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>>
>>> Clement
>>>
>>> Changelog:
>>> ** Bug
>>>    * [FELIX-2825] - The maven-ipojo-plugin does not replace component classes in WAR files
>>>    * [FELIX-2829] - The maven-ipojo-plugin archetype descriptor is not conform
>>>    * [FELIX-2833] - The maven-ipojo-plugin  does not support manipulating artifact with a classifier
>>>    * [FELIX-3012] - "Duplicate name&signature" problem
>>>    * [FELIX-3098] - iPOJO new manipulator crashes when using a custom reporter
>>>    * [FELIX-3145] - VerifyError on Java 7
>>>    * [FELIX-3249] - iPOJO Bnd Plugin do not write all the metadatas in the manifest
>>>
>>> ** Improvement
>>>    * [FELIX-3017] - The manipulator should return the original class if it's already manipulated
>>>    * [FELIX-3078] - Introduce resource abstraction in the iPOJO manipulator
>>>    * [FELIX-3079] - Adapt the Ant task and the maven plugin to use the new manipulator capabilities
>>>    * [FELIX-3080] - Implement a BND plugin for iPOJO
>>>    * [FELIX-3131] - Elements and attributes should conserve the insertion order
>>>    * [FELIX-3204] - @Temporal should handle instantiation-time properties
>>>    * [FELIX-3244] - Manipulator : DefaultManifestBuilder should be more extensible

--
Best Regards,
-- Alex

Re: [VOTE] Release Felix iPOJO Manipulator version 1.8.2

Posted by Ken Gilmer <kg...@gmail.com>.
+1 (non-binding)

Posted by Felix Meschberger <fm...@adobe.com>.
+1