Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Charles Bueche <ch...@bueche.ch> on 2002/05/14 16:25:53 UTC

filtering mod_proxy output

Hi all,

I want to implement a transparent reverse proxy, to export an intranet web
server to the Internet.

I know about the ProxyPass friends, but with such a mapping :

	ProxyPass /toto		http://intra.company.com

the returned HTML page contains links that must be filtered (IMG SRC,
etc).

My original attempt was to create a Content Handler to filter the HTML
flow (add "/toto" on all links), but apparently, I can't hook my handler
after mod_proxy. Is there a way to realize this ?

The O'Reilly book mention writing my own proxy. Or would Apache 2.0
filters solve this in an elegant way ?

Thanks for any hint,

Charles
--
Charles Bueche <ch...@bueche.ch>
sand, snow, wave, wind and net -surfer

Re: filtering mod_proxy output

Posted by Drew Taylor <dr...@drewtaylor.com>.
At 04:25 PM 5/14/02 +0200, Charles Bueche wrote:
>Hi all,
>
>I want to implement a transparent reverse proxy, to export an intranet web
>server to the Internet.
>
>I know about the ProxyPass friends, but with such a mapping :
>
>         ProxyPass /toto         http://intra.company.com
>
>the returned HTML page contains links that must be filtered (IMG SRC,
>etc).

Read up on the ProxyPassReverse directive of mod_proxy. This will do
exactly what you are looking for.

Drew

Drew Taylor                  |  Freelance web development using
http://www.drewtaylor.com/   |  perl/mod_perl/MySQL/postgresql/DBI
mailto:drew@drewtaylor.com   |  Email jobs at drewtaylor.com
Speakeasy.net: A DSL provider with a clue. Sign up today.
http://www.speakeasy.net/refer/29655