Posted to users@zeppelin.apache.org by Meeraj Kunnumpurath <me...@servicesymphony.com> on 2017/01/09 09:29:55 UTC

Access Control

Hello

I would like to setup security, such that anonymous users can view all =
the Notebooks in read-only mode, however to create a new notebook or =
amend an existing one, the user should have logged on. I have edited =
shirt.ini to disable anonymous access, this disables all access.

Any pointers on this will be highly appreciated.

Many thanks
Meeraj

Re: Access Control

Posted by Meeraj Kunnumpurath <me...@servicesymphony.com>.
I have tried the following configuration,

[users]
> # List of users with their password allowed to access Zeppelin.
> # To use a different strategy (LDAP / Database / ...) check the shiro doc
> at http://shiro.apache.org/configuration.html#Configuration-INISections
> meeraj = password, admin
> guest = password
> [roles]
> admin = *
> [urls]
> # anon means the access is anonymous.
> # authcBasic means Basic Auth Security
> # authc means Form based Auth Security
> # To enfore security, comment the line below and uncomment the next one
> /** = authc
> /api/interpreter/** = authc, roles[admin]
> /api/configurations/** = authc, roles[admin]
> /api/credential/** = authc, roles[admin]

But the guest user is still able to create notebooks, access configuration,
credentials, interpreters etc.

Regards

Meeraj

Re: Access Control